Monday, August 9, 2010

LEARN-TO-DRAW!



After muc h travail trying to master web developement, including the use of Graphics programs,I’ve taken a breather this summer to work on my arts skills which were, well, in need of work.

It is always the same process : one begins the long journey thinking one lacks the talent, if not the genius, required for the task. And one ends up realizing that one can be competent with a lot of hard work and application. ‘Genius'goes to those who first noticed the possibilities of the media.

Brenda Hoddinott was a real breakthrough for me. She taught me to use a grid to place objects, and this moved me into the realm of being actually in the game. Barrington Barber, a guy, places things by seeing their symmetry axes. He also holds his pen differently. Vive la diff!

No comments: