Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fancy

I'm back! After a three day breakdown of my HP Pavillon running Windows,

it's back up and all is running well. A lot of people complain of agonizing or going-

dead desktops. My problem: improperly fitted memory bars. Take a look at the

insert location empty, and play with the levers at the ends. When the lever is in the open

position, there is a metallic element in the slot that is lifted. That's what is making

the fitting difficult, even impossible. One has to insert and fit the levers

at the same time, and all is well.


I also experienced a problem at start-up, with the computer going on and then shutting

down. My fault: in my neurotic state of mind, I was holding the start button down too long,

effectively starting and shutting down the computer at the same time. Ladies, a manicured

fingernal goes into the slot on the on button, for a short push. The computer will then boot

up sans problèmes.


HP, I have been an ungrateful wench; that computer works. I saw those fancy all-in-ones

running Windows 8 at the store on the week-end. Might just buy another one.

No comments: