Sunday, October 26, 2014

Shame

Sometimes I am embarassed, at how totally off the mark about something I can be. I have
recently revisited Minesweeper, with an eye to how such a game might be coded. Very
carefully, to quote the old joke: the display in php and the game action in java. But - and
this is the shameful part - Minesweeper is not a game of chance, as I vaguely remembered it.
It is possible to win each and every game one plays. Ouch! Here is my achievement, followed by the machine benchmark:




An interesting coding problem, though.

With respect to game play, taking a chance on opening a new section of play remains a temptation.
Should it. Players should be competing against one another in real time. And a botched game should cost, because one was reckless, A genuine error is less maddening... The might be an app here.

No comments: