Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Hacker


Watched an odd movie last night: Algorithm:The Hacker. I picked it up on youtube;
actually it showed up on my watch list. Didn’t know what is was, watched it like many
other movies I find on Tube, stuff nice people think I should be watching for the betterment of my soul.

Rather enjoyed it, it has a spell-binding rythm to it. Dystopian plot. Edgy young actors.What really surprised me was the women characters, who were lovely and fem mean, like real girls often are these days. How did this end up in a movie? The hero was gay and chaste. Odd and also true. And the politics all-out paranoia, and total surrender all at once; again frightfully real.

Turns out this totally pro film cost less than 9 000$ to make, and was meant for internet distibution. Out of San Francisco. New Wave, to my mind.

No comments: