Saturday, September 3, 2022

The Diff

 I've never reflected on this much, but the fact that a piece of text

can now be read on a computer - has become a file - does have implications.

It is now an object for automated examination and manipulation, a machine

object. I can open the text, close, change its physical appearance, correct

errors - even translate it - with considersble speed.


Once one works with a coding language, even more opportunities open

up. Below, in a python interface, my collection of fruit names can be printed

and indexed. As a list, the various elements can be ordered, reordered, added  

or subtracted to. going up a notch to full database, I hold even more power, 

because I can iterate for keywords.

                                                        




                                                                             


As I ponder how to build up a back-end for the calendar

project, the question of list vs database will need to be examined.

No comments: