Monday, January 25, 2016

Hoorah


The little below wonder is a scottish pie, suggested for Robert Burns night.
(January 25). I was on the Edge browser when I spotted it, and the recipe was so
outrageous I decided to go for it. Now Edge doesn't allow me to save as the IE did.
I can go to reading mode which will give me a clean version of the recipe, and I am
free to copy it and paste it in Notepad, which I did.  Progress, really!

And by outrageous I mean, eight eggs, over a pound of butter, a selection of nuts and currants, and half a cup of whiskey...Don't forget the clotted cream.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/9032937/Burns-Night-recipes-Scottish-tart.html

                                                                      *  *  *

I was also a little miffed by the description given the Lumia 550 Windows phone in Wikipedia. I do appreciate knowing that someone is comparison shopping on the phone features, but that is a limited view. Indeed, a mobile phone is all about feature tradeoffs and battery management.

Here the battery is easy to manage: the user is free to set the percentage of 'battery left' cutoff at which battery saving will begin for the session. He/she can also - other than calls and texts - decide what the phone will continue to listen for. For example, a full Find my Phone will show a lost phone on a map any number of turns.

The consumer is free to decide on how expensive a phone he needs. It is prudent to remember that phones are very fragile and easily lost, and cost is also cost of replacement. This full-featured Windows phone is a winner for a talk and text person with a long day. And many things that allow for an elaborate app in another phone ecology - for example, backup - is immediately available here. Just send stuff up to OneDrive. Hoorah!

No comments: