Monday, June 20, 2016

Wondering


So I was reading this morning in the French Montreal web press about a young university student named Alexis, who is a non gender identified militant.  A. was assigned a gender at birth - won't say which - but refuses to even answer that, because why are we concerned about genitals in the everyday, anyway!? The University of Montreal  now has a gender neutral toilet, life goes on.

As I was making breakfast for myself, I began top wonder if I were to write a short story about Alexis set in the future, what would happen. I ended up concluding that the real Alexis already was living in that future - my 'future' - and confronting own adventures. Problem with this real Alexis is not realizing the artistic nature of that quest.

Just saying...

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/06/20/ni-madame-ni-monsieur

No comments: