Thursday, March 3, 2016

Bashing


All that Trump bashing gets to me. Yes, he is inexperienced
as a lawmaker, yes he has an expansive personality. But there
are real threats to the Republican Party line, and he has been performing
a valuable service for them.

Let me tell you a story. Last December, I went shopping in Montreal.
To my amazement, there were virtually no Christmas decorations anywhere.
What, has everyone gone mad...  have I lost track of the calendar... ??
I was sitting in the entrance hall of the office complex where the
South shore buses arrive. There were elaborate lights everywhere
but that was it. And I grieved for Christmas as I had known it.

That's it. The demography of Montreal is changing. Christmas is no more and
no less.

U.S. demography is changing as well. There are Christian areas and there
are immigrant areas, and there are planetary cities. Who can talk to everyone?!

No comments: