Friday, December 30, 2016

Kugel

Been snowed in for a while; powdered milk actually
makes an okay drink if one lets it stand for a few hours
after mixing.

Swelling is down on my arm, and am wearing a winter
flannel shirt (pink). Comfy.

Last night, in culinary distress, ended up making something
entirely new for myself. I took inspiration from noodle pudding
(kugel) and made a savory version: cooked penne, mixed with
cottage cheese, quark cheese, milk and an egg to which I added a
bit of salmon and onion. Put parmesan on top, and cooked at 350 F
for 20 minutes. Quite delicious, although one could taste
a hint of sourness. Sugar and vanilla instead of the fish
would have made a dessert.

Need to take out the garbage; and might venture forth to get bananas.
I'm getting better.

http://www.marthastewart.com/313981/noodle-pudding

No comments: