Tuesday, October 24, 2017

P Pie Recipe

This recipe belongs to humanity.

It was raining, and I decided to make a dessert that
would use up long-standing shelved ingredients. I had evaporated
milk on hand, and the below recipe is under the can label. So...

I did have some pumpkin puree, which I thawed. I didn't have
a pie shell, but I did have past due  flaky pastry in the freezer.
So... ( It thaws nicely in two hours!)

I didn't have brown sugar, but I had white, to which I added a splash
molasses...

I has cinnamon and nutmeg, but no ginger or cloves. So I added
some vanilla  and a few teaspoons of cocoa powder.

Didn't forget the eggs, and bit of flour. Cooked for the suggested one hour and
fifteen minutes.

Didn't have the patience to wait all evening for it cool; had some
lukewarm.

Yahoo! Pure comfort. Do make it with regular pastry though; this version
is a bit hard to chop with a knife. Although, from the point of view
of flavor, it really is awesome.


No comments: