Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Non_A

 For those of us en attente for restaurants to re-open,

today is Shrove Tuesday i.e. Pancake Day. My favorite:

add maple syrup; or again, add whipped cream; but not together

or there will be a nasty surprise on the scales tomorrow morning.


Won't be making any this year; but I will share what I have been

enjoying from Bakery atHome these past days: a quick bread

with cranberries and pecan pieces. Nothing really special

about it, but the sweetness level is perfect, sweet and not sweet,

and it can be eaten with butter, cookie butter, whatever. The

secret: I sweetened it with light brown sugar and nothing else,

and splashed in some vanilla. 3/4 cup sugar for 2 cups of flour.


I was inspired to do this by the below YouTube from Chef

John, which made me appreciate that grain size does make a 

difference, be it for salt or sugar.


Bon Appétit!




No comments: