Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Prudent

I did again: took a fall on the first snowy day. Thankfully,

my bum took the hit this time and not my arm as happened a few

years ago. Why does this happen to me: because, the first day of 

snow on the ground is often a sub-zero day and there is ice under

those innocent-looking white sidewalks. If this happens later in the

season, it is not so bad because there is a build-up layer of salt and grit 

under the snow. On the very first snowstorm, NOT.


I have lived in Canada long enough to be alerted to this, but I forget 

and walk along thinking of this and that. I need to concentrate and take 

little careful steps. That, or wait till the city snow crews have done their 

work.👩‍🦳

                                                     *     *     *




No comments: