Sunday, November 25, 2012

OAM





I have long been an ardent bicycle-riding environmentalist, and zero-tolerant on industrial pollution, but one the climate change issue, I find myself increasingly of andere meinung ie of a different mind, or opinion.

Different than that of the environmental lobby, as I see it.

Cutting down C02 emissions is probably do-able, but so what. 6 billion++ people are going to live warmer than 2 billion people. 6 billion people are going to find alternative ways to keep warm, and short of cutting off the lived-in environment from the natural environment, it's going to be warmer outside than it used to be, and that means more extreme weather events.

Here in America, after Hurricane Sandy, engineers are starting to find a public for grandiose engineering projects to protect New York, projects that even not long ago seemed insane even to them, 20 billion dollars insane. But - ironically - that's what Hurricane Sandy is going to cost, au bas mot.

I'm not ready to sign that check just yet, but I am not willing to sink on the C02 issue either. Is there a better way.

 

No comments: