Monday, March 28, 2022

Great_T

 Don't want to spoil the Federal Government Budget coming

down soon for anyone, but I did read there would be cost-

cutting measures and 'looking to make Old Age Security sustainable

for the future'. Ooooh, raising retirement age to 67, are we. Thank God

for free dental care...


In all seriousness, is this really a good idea!?  We may be living longer,

but that does not mean we are any more alert through it all. 


I sometimes 'freeze' at the supermarket  on such tasks as choosing

between Flaming Hot Nacho and Sweet Chili Heat corn chips to go

with my daughter's beloved Medium Salsa. This does not compute; what

can the difference possibly be and how does it meld with the d**n Salsa. 

Who knows!? I'll snap out of it and just move on, just to not bring

attention on myself. Sneak back later and buy the black bag, or maybe

the purple.


Because, let's face it, I have very little taste sensation left. I put oregano and

and cayenne on all my meals because those are the main Pizza spices, and

I remember liking pizza quite a bit. Onward.


So here's the point. In my experience, 60 is a pretty good age to retire.

I am still very active; have taught myself several computer languages and

still post daily little musings and research finds I feel might be useful to

more busy people. but I appreciate being away from the bustle and competition.

Younger people look better, are stronger, and often prefer the company of other

younger people. And I'm okay with it.


(Just made a mental note to myself. Why aren't the elderly expected to submit a thesis

on something, or someone. Listened to Boris Johnson answer to "Would you say that

President Zelensky is Churchillian" yesterday, and it was great television 🙂)


No comments: