Friday, March 3, 2023

Returns

 I was going to keep silent about this opinion piece, although I

found it quite interesting. But now, I feel the need to reference it.

Boomers' Greed Ruined Economy for Gen Z, Millennials (businessinsider.com)


It's all about yesterday's announcement of Nordstrom closing all Canadian

stores. Another department store goes down. And I am still upset

about the earlier demise of Sears.


So what is the connection between the two. I remember being bemused

at the Sears closure on the grounds of insufficient profits, when they were

actually doing very well. They just weren't delivering ever-increasing profits

to demanding investors.


I can see Norstrom being victim to a variant of this: lots of pseudo-luxury

goods when the client is simply looking for reliable quality.


We boomers may well be the culprits; demanding unrealistic returns

and loosing the stores that serve us as a result...

                                              *     *     *

Django 7 deals with adding a delete function. We are also shown how to

reverse order with hegative id, but advised not to use it. Date is safer!










No comments: