I just finished washing a Disney+ movie: Eenie Meanie. I should
explain what genre it belongs to, but in fact it straddles a number
of them. A heist movie, an action-on-wheels, a love movie, a coming-of-
adulthood movie. It is aslo a Disney product: politically correct, respecful
of the elderly, clean on women. A well an auteur movie, written and directed
by one person: Shawn Simmons. And having checked all these boxes, it is
still well-paced, fun to watch, and intelligent. Whew! it actually took me three
sessions on subsequent days to watch the whole thing.
I think I was patient with it because I have watched Soap Operas in the past.
The storyline is linear, but the insight into the characters is back and forth. The ending
is ridiculous, but everything is tied together. The male (Karl Glusman) and female (Samara
Weaving) leads are great, and the ending is - to say the least - unexpected.
The critics are all over the map on this one, but it gets a 'worth the watch' from me.
It is a very well-made movie. The car-chase scenes make sense.
Which is saying something in these confused and confusing times!

No comments:
Post a Comment