Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday

I'm having a Monday, over here. I didn't gain any weight over the week-end,
but apparently Hillary Clinton has put on 30 pounds on the campaign trail,
and munches on junk food. My advice to Hillary, ditch the junk but keep the
booze. This is what the Queen does, and it works:every day around 6:30 pm she
has her favourite martini: Dubonnet and gin. Makes it all alright.

Been reading about the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. All the major mobile
operators are there (except Apple, for some reason lost to history). For the first time,
smartphone sales may actually weaken next year - although at half the world's population
with a phone, this shouldn't be a worry - and connected objects are the current darlings.
Interestingly, cars of the future will take over certain phone functions like music playlists
and GPS from a vocal comand. The focus is on the cloud with mutiple devices.

After consideration, I have decided not to try my hand at a 10k calorie challenge.
Everybody is trying it, with variable success. I can't imagine any combination or
sequence of foods that I could get through. Even fit young people are challenged
by this. I did realize something through this mental exercise though: it is very
difficult to reach gut-busting calorie counts with food alone. It is the liquid calories
- aka soft drinks - that are the silent partners to obesity. Now we know.

It is actually sunny and beautiful here; just the small matter of that -12 ºC. Tedious,
all that cold. But my face is splattered with sunscreen, and head out I must...
Maybe to Tim's!

No comments: