Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sticking Point

Currently going without pain meds (since 2 pm yesterday) and feeling
rather decent. Good to know my actual status. I will take some again,
when I venture forth outdoors. This is my big fear, falling again or bumping
into someone or something in a store.

The storm was a fizz, but the ice cover makes going out impossible for now.
This has been an entirely new near freezing point winter, with quick freeze-thaw
alternate days. And no sun. I'm not really depressed, just disoriented. Been wearing
summer Ts and tanks under sweaters with jeans. Not really yearning to escape
to warmer climes: there are storms there as well.

There is no turning back climate change, only going forward and adapting.
Which, incidentally, is the verbal sticking point between proponents and denyers.
We need to change how we do things, and eventually exercise some control over
climatic conditions. Forward!

No comments: