Monday, January 30, 2017

Outside

It's -10 C outside, and I'm about to go out; it
was freezing point yesterday, so that will be a big difference.
Once one is in sub-freezing range, it is never easy.

Had a tomato sandwich - on health bread - with mayo for breakfast.
There is fiber, and then there is fiber. Soluble fiber, like the
tomato, slows things down and give a feeling of fullness.
The health bread is insoluble, and speeds things up. (But then
vegetable skins tend to be insoluble, and white bread would be soluble).
Food tracking apps don't make the difference.

I will be sorely tempted to retreat to the Tim's next to
the grocery store when I get there. For a double, double,
and I'm not talking about coffee. Need to stay strong!!
Besides, there is sun today and we haven't seen the sun
in weeks. Not kidding about this either, the warm weather
up to now has made this winter a grey tunnel. Out I go.

No comments: