Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Update Me


Around noon yesterday, I innocently clicked on restart
to allow update and went for a glass of water. SIX HOURS LATER
I had a new version of Windows 10 on my computer. On a Surface
tablet, anyway, this update is unstoppable (there's still battery
life even if on unplugs the computer)!

On the up side, I got to wash every window and curtain in the apartment
as I waited. The first 1% done lasts about an hour but things speed up
after that.

It's called the Creators update, Windows 1703. There are promises of a
much faster Edge browser (which essentially makes Bing look all
the more improvable) and something about being able to save one's open
windows in one place.



I was pretty awed by Paint 3D, though, and just started to look into it.
Let's see what we can do:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014941/windows-10-remix-a-3d-model

Thank you; this is wonderful!



No comments: