Monday, September 25, 2017

The Big Sick

Have the movie The Big Sick on three day rental. I  decided
to get it to see how it would deal with Still's disease - an
idiopathic illness (no causes known) - but I also got it for
Ray Romano, the eternal Italian immigrant. He's cool, in a sexy
way.

So I was utterly charmed by it all. Interestingly, I didn't register
that the hero cheated on the heroine until my second time
through the film. I'm getting old, or something. Charmed, as I said,
also by the central character who put his girlfriend in a coma. Yes,
that smile is a winner, although objectively speaking he is a pretty
tough date.

The big surprise in all this was actually Pakistan, and its 4000 year old
culture that knows how to arrange a marriage. Seemed pretty ideal
to me, but then I'm Canadian and don't worry much about what
the American Dream should be.

The hamburger scene tops Nicholson in Cuckoo's Nest.

Recommending this movie. *   *   *



No comments: