Sunday, July 28, 2019

Hot Days

I have resisted getting ac unit, to date. A silly thing to
own, for a Canadian. Although we have been seeing some
hot days and nights, of late. Also read last week that the
blistering heat experienced in Europe was going toward Groenland,
so that means more melting ice and higher seas for us!

Declared today a McDay in the food department, and had
a shake for breakfast so far. The plan:


Ingredients:

Ice
2% milk
grapefruit juice
canned pineapple
cantaloupe
frozen (to ice) Astro lime yogurt

Comes in at under 300 calories, and not too sweet. The
experts tell us, actual ice cream is a false friend in hot
weather because sugar raises body temperature. This was
more like an Indian Lassi.


Made myself a Filet'O late afternoon, with tempura haddock and
cheese slice mozzarella. Was very nice, with a side of assorted veggies.
Interesting fact; fish is expensive and I could have bought the sandwich
at the restaurant for the what it cost me to make it...

Followed by dessert:




Last Meal, fries. These look large. Off to bed with my laptop and tray.
Tomorrow is a return to bananas!


Postscriptum

Day 2, and another very hot day. Made a bowl of fruit salad which I will
be aportionning over the day, probably between breakfast and lunch.
There is also a bowl of celery in water in the fridge, so the rice dish for
my main meal will be celery-heavy, something like in my childhood
when people only grocery-shopped once a week and we ate from what we 
had on hand.

I'm such a boo-ma!



No comments: