Thursday, January 2, 2020

In/Out

I am never touching Syastem Environmental Variables again.






*     *     *


This tells me the java runtime can find the compiler - javac stands for java compile -
which is part of the jdk. On compilation, it creates.class files from my code in the 
same directory as the code, and can find those.

When I ask command prompt for java MyProject, I am implicitely asking for MyProject.class, 
which is the scenario of the app.

                                                                      *     *     *

I was very confused on all this for a few days; it all comes down to an old joke
about early computers: garbage in/garbage out. The instruction one gives a computer
tell a machine how to run a current, all very electro/mechanical. It is all terribly
unforgiving unless software engineers put in fall-backs and redundancies...
   
                                                                     *      *      *






                                                               *     *     *






*     *     *




No comments: