Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Search and Pause

A little command line savy to start the day. Where can my Ball.png
image have gone to!?The /s says to search the file name, and the /p causes a
pause after each screen of findings.



Same result; took longer...I was not on the desktop!


*     *     *


My JavaProg folder content is now on the clipboard...in Wordpad. The default order
is alphabetical. And my Ball.png image is there. I am here on the order of a file.




At the level of a folder, I can sort this file by date, and even go back 
to prompt and do it from there.



To chain order the commands, I would need a .bat file.

                                                               *     *     *
Below, have asked for my folder content by date, with older folders
first:



The /OD command is from the sort function; and that function itself is part of 
Data Management. In effect, I am not sorting files but a column of dates,
and I can specify ascending or descending (/OD ascending, /O-D descending)) ...


https://www.howtogeek.com/363639/how-to-use-the-dir-command-in-windows/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_(programming_language)

No comments: