Thursday, October 1, 2015

Potato(4)


Another brunch salad with potato. Because, why not. Because why should I deprive myself of lettuce all day if that is what I feel like eating. It's LETTUCE, not Scotch!

The salad contains orange and avocado. I started eating avocado in my twenties and we needed an introduction. Avocado is a fruit, and goes really well with citrus, which allow it to keep its colour. I enjoy avocado with just fruit in the summer. This version has lettuce and potato as well, so mayo, salt and pepper, equally acceptable. As for throwing it over spicy food, I've never done that.

So avocado and potato are both indigenous to the Americas.





 The Guardian in London is up on the potato harvest; they have pro recipes on show:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/oct/01/potato-recipes-growing-harvesting-fern-verrow-cook-residency

No comments: