Friday, May 12, 2017

Quick One

Every once in a while, I make something that turns out pretty good.
Did it this time!

Like many households, I sometimes find myself with a lot of eggs in the fridge,
and no obvious way to eat them all at their freshness peak. So I decided to make a three egg
quick bread. Normally, a quick bread uses one egg, so I would have to eyeball
the wet ingredients to reach an acceptable consistency.

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup All Bran
3/4 cups sugar
1 measure baking powder
1/2 measure baking soda
bit of orange zest

1/4 cup oil
3ggs
bit of grapefruit juice
2 bits of milk

some dried cranberries
splash of vanilla

(I adjusted the amount of milk during mixing).

350° F oven, 1 hour




What's nice about it is that it doesn't call out for jam or anything sweet to eat, but
holds its own. The texture is a bit that of a coffee cake. I'll be freezing individual
portions, wrapped in clear wrap, in a plastic container.

No comments: