Saturday, February 8, 2020

Parasite

Gearing up for Oscar night; watched Parasite last night.
First time watching a South Korean work, was a little surprised at how
Western it was...and wasn't. What is this movie about? It
has been universally praised as a manic dark comedy. It is, to my
sensibility, nothing of the sort. More like a wrenching scream on Climate
Change.

But then yesterday was a storm day where I live. The real deal, culmination
to 48 hours of snow and wind. I went out in it, early yesterday morning, and was
alone on the street, dodging the road crews who were cleaning at breakneck
speed. This is how accidents might happen. Mused all afternoon how I will have
lived my life in an Ice Age. Other creatures have had a different take on the place,
but this is mine.

It's sunny and bitterly cold today. Gearing up to go out again for a few items. That
movie was poison!

No comments: