Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Topless

So today I am celebrating something of a dieting victory: I'm
at my summer low weight  of 100 lbs (45,5 kilos on my ruthless electronic
scale). Itis a relief, and I'm looking forward to not writing down every bite
I take on My Fitness Pal after Labor Day. Pal is tedious but gets the job
done. On a three meals a day, no snacking diet, every entry brings
closure; no matter what happened, it's over and one is free - in all
innocence - to eat again at the next meal. This particular diet will have
lasted 100 days!!

An interesting article in Libération today: the habit of women going topless
on French beaches has all but disappeared. The female professor comenting
on the matter seems to think this was a form of political protest in the 1970s;
it wasn't. It was fun and it felt good. And among the myriad reasons offered
as to why young women currently cover themselves, I would choose this one:
otherwise, they would get harassed if not worse. It is  different more crowded
world. Voilà!

http://www.liberation.fr/france/2018/08/28/topless-les-femmes-se-considerent-suffisamment-liberees-pour-ne-plus-avoir-a-le-prouver_1674774

No comments: