Thursday, December 14, 2023

Feathering

 I'm happy; I've found a series of fourteen tutorials on Synfig (translated from the Russian,

no less) that are a great help. From the first, which introduces the interface, I've cleared up

some things for myself.


The big find, 'feathering'. Could never understand what this was about... It is the capacity

to more or less blur the edges of objects. Synfig is not meant for frame by frame drawing

like traditional animation, but relies on machine function. That is why, at first anyway, it seems

impossibly fastiduous. I'm starting to get it...

                                                                  

My circles have 5pt, 10 and 15 feathering settings:


It is set in the object parameters, bottom left.

Here, I am getting a circle with no border; I need to ask for it with the features I choose.


Everything is layer. It can be removed easily as one works along from the bottom right.

And layers can be moved up or down, grouped...




                                                            *     *     *

For Lesson 2, we are given a boy image, and a background with places the boy goes

to: school, cinema, store, home. If I want to see what I have done, I use the preview

feature. 
                                                             

Otherwise, my work area looks like this:  

                                                                         

The losanges are called way pointys. They are created automatically if I move on

the timeline.

As always, the little green man at the bottom of the screen needs to go to orange

sothat I can go to animate mode and advance the project.

                                                                     

Saves are in the .sifz format, a zip file on the native format.

                                                                


                                                                                      

No comments: