Friday, January 19, 2018

Workaround


 W3 Schools offers an exercise with the map feature in html
which - unfortunately - is not possible as such with some
browsers on my windows10 system; namely, Chrome, and Edge.
(Firefox works fine).It comes down to these browsers not recognizing
coordinates in an html command. There is a workaround.

I have created - with Inkscape, on a mac - a YUM backgound image.
I have then opened a PNG copy of this image, and put my food logos
on top in Microsoft Expression Design. Iknow the coordinates of my
logos because the interface tells me.

I am now in a position to use this creation as a jpg backgound image
for the body of my html. Thus, the program can create red triangles onhover,
and the user will be shown the calories...etc for each dessert choice.

A day in the life of a Web developer...






https://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_a_coords

No comments: