Sunday, August 7, 2022

Pump it

 I must admit I was starting to feel really sympathetic for

people in the UK reading about the exhorbitant energy costs

they might be facing next winter: a veritable eat or heat dilemna.

But,then I came across a - to me - startling bit of information: an 

article that suggested that Britain might gain by insulating its housing 

stock. Uninsulated houses you say!?... As a Canadian, that aounts to throwing

money into the street. Of course, insulate!


But then there is the situation I am facing, living in a well insulated

low-rise. The heat from the current little heatwave we are having just 

won't go away. All the windows open, fans, nothing to bring the temperature

down below 28C even at 5 in the morning. I need to use electricals on this.

As things stand, I will be super comfy till December.


There is a solution to this as well: a heat exchanger. Does the work both

ways!! A little pricey, though.


So till, great sympathy from me for housing comfort in the coming winter. There

are solutions...




No comments: