Monday, August 12, 2019

Shopping



Have to admit it, I am a fashion laggard, last to take
up a trend and likely to stay with it beyond reasonable
limits. Indeed, I am like that about clothes generally, wear
white after Labour Day and still in black pants at Easter.
Not really laziness, either, but just very touchy about
standing out, sartorially speaking. A late adopter, if
you will.

Why bring this up? There is a lot of concern about the viability of
actual physical shopping in boutiques - too many players  - but also
resentment of the internet alledgedly  'stealing away' shoppers.
Let me explain about that.

Here in Canada, given our climate extremes, the shopping year in
stores has shop-ahead periods, like now. Fall colors are rubbing
elbows with summer sales and I am stressed about the whole situation.
Do they actually expect me to decide that knee-length t-shirts over
camouflage leggings is to be my September go-to look. I am insecure,
a follower not a setter, and break out at the thought of committing.
No doubt come September when everybody has the look, and the
stores are out, I will be forlorn about that; but I need to see it around me.

Enter the Internet, where I can shop September clothes for my size and color
preference in frigging September. Whole new experience; and I am not alone
in this. Which is why I used to rely on Sears catalogue shopping. I haven't
gone full Amazon but I am sorely tempted and use my shopping windows for
browsing and lattes.

Checking all the boxes - and staying between grocery clothes and outrageous
luxe prices - a new Paris-based internet option. Tempting!

https://www.sezane.com/en


No comments: