Saturday, February 3, 2024

Transgression

 Anyone being careful about weight and appearance well  knows that - 

every once in a while - one will be bending the rules (if not trashing them

altogether 😆): an event, a party, a date, eating out, ordering in. So may ways to 

circumvent perfection. Done right, one can more or less get away with it. 

The morning after, things are not so bad on the scale, and if one goes back

to one's tried and true diet, things will look good the day after that.


For example. I know full well that diet colas - which I enjoy as much as any

standard human - can lead to bloat. False sugars trigger insulin production

as much as real, and high sodium can lead to water retention. Both together:

kaboom on the scales. So if I am out on a shopping trip with someone, and we

stop to recoup, black coffe or tea is the answer and diet cola an indulgence.


We are dining at the chicken place and I am served a Herculean portion of

white meat chicken. With BBQ sauce. You know the one, thick and viscous

caramel colored. I can have my usual portion of chicken. I might 'saucerize'

a bit and decide not to count that in, just for today. I will drink water and if

I have ordered a diet cola (it's my birthday), take a few sips of that.


It looks like I am a finicky Old Lady, but I want to feel good tomorrow morning.

Unwanted weight gain is such a bad experience. One starts the day feeling bad.

Bottom line: only ONE transgression per event, or even day. Two together are dangerous 

because they will interact to make it all worse.


And whatever happened, weigh yourself the next day. Knowing is better than not

knowing; there is always a reckoning to be had!!

No comments: